Donate to a Project
This map highlights the African countries in which a group is fundraising for a book shipment. Scroll over the country that you would like to donate to. Details will show in the pop-up screen or below the map when clicked. Or click on a specific project in the list on the right.
To donate to a specific project by clicking the “Donate Now” button on the project page.
If you prefer to make your donation by check, you can send a check to our St. Paul office. Please indicate the project you would like to donate to in the memo line.
Checks should be mailed to:
WEWE Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria - Community Based Libraries (Josephine Ogazi) - Nigeria
Project Goal: $14,300
Current Progress: $1,200 (8.00%)
Project Start: 09/01/2015Donate Now
WEWE – LOPIN Community Based Libraries Project has a mission to establish over 100 community based libraries that will serve over 40,000 orphans and vulnerable children in core rural communities across Southern Nigeria. Your support is vital to our plans to provide books, laptops and desktop computers for these rural community based libraries in Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and Imo States in Southern Nigeria. A book, desktop and Laptop can be made available to orphans like Emeka with as little as 50 cents, $175 and $200 respectively. You can help provide access to books for Emeka and the children in his community by helping us fundraise $10,300 to cover the cost of shipping a 40 foot container full of primary and secondary educational books, desktops and laptops.Read More
Or Choose a Project:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- AASDO Mission –Library Development Project (Dr. Abebe Kebede) - Ethiopia
- Project Hadinet (Unity): Books for High Schools in Tigray (Daniel Woldu, Hermila Yifter, Rahwa Buzayene) - Ethiopia
- Agape Books: Delivering Hope - Ethiopia
- Fincha Elementary School Library Project (Emebet Fekadu and Nigussie Abate) - Ethiopia
- The African Promise (Azi Teklemariam) - Ethiopia
- Books for Rural Ethiopia (Kebede Gessesse, Dr. Abiy Mekoya, M.D.) - Ethiopia
- Books for the Remote Village of Wekin, Ethiopia (Wyn & Sunny Ray) - Ethiopia
- Partnership for Literacy – One Million Books for Oromia (Jote Taddese) - Ethiopia
- EBS TV Helen Show project (Helen Mesfin, Asratie Teferra) - Ethiopia
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- Books for Northern Uganda Schools - Uganda
- Books For Uganda's Orphans: One for Two project (Seth Eggessa) - Uganda
- Community Library for Masaka District (Ugandan Rural Community Support Foundation) - Uganda
- Book by Book Literacy Project (Peace Corps Uganda) - Uganda
- Uganda School for the Deaf (Jim Radosevich) - Uganda
Make no mistake, there are hundreds and thousands of people [in Africa], young and old, who aspire to an education so that they can become their own agents of change and lead themselves out of the trap of poverty that has kept them down for much too long.- His Excellency Welile Nhlapo, South African Ambassador to the U.S.