Donate to a Project
This map highlights the African countries in which a group is fundraising for a book shipment. Scroll over the country that you would like to donate to. Details will show in the pop-up screen or below the map when clicked. Or click on a specific project in the list on the right.
To donate to a specific project by clicking the “Donate Now” button on the project page.
If you prefer to make your donation by check, you can send a check to our St. Paul office. Please indicate the project you would like to donate to in the memo line.
Checks should be mailed to:
Burundi English Book Project (Zenon Ndaruvukanye) - Burundi
Project Goal: $18,000
Current Progress: $4,739 (26.00%)
Project Start: 01/01/2013
Project End: 02/01/2015Donate Now
Burundi, a country in the shape of a heart, has been bleeding since its independence in 1962. It wasn’t until 2005 that it started its democratic healing process with a very young generation of leaders. This generation is facing tremendous challenges, especially in the area of providing quality education. Knowledge Is Power.Read More
Or Choose a Project:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- AASDO Mission –Library Development Project (Dr. Abebe Kebede) - Ethiopia
- Project Hadinet (Unity): Books for High Schools in Tigray (Daniel Woldu, Hermila Yifter, Rahwa Buzayene) - Ethiopia
- Agape Books: Delivering Hope - Ethiopia
- Fincha Elementary School Library Project (Emebet Fekadu and Nigussie Abate) - Ethiopia
- The African Promise (Azi Teklemariam) - Ethiopia
- Books for Rural Ethiopia (Kebede Gessesse, Dr. Abiy Mekoya, M.D.) - Ethiopia
- Books for the Remote Village of Wekin, Ethiopia (Wyn & Sunny Ray) - Ethiopia
- Partnership for Literacy – One Million Books for Oromia (Jote Taddese) - Ethiopia
- Athi Community Tent project (Doris Mukangu, AWHEEC) - Kenya
- No Child Left Behind (H.E. Dr. Susan Mboya-Kidero) - Kenya
- Homa Bay and Kandara Library Project (Janet Nelson) - Kenya
- Mbitini Village Projects (Tula Thompson) - Kenya
- Tumaini Chlidren's Home & Presbyterian University (The Outreach Foundation) - Kenya
- Operation Gusii Books II (Paul Morande) - Kenya
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
Make no mistake, there are hundreds and thousands of people [in Africa], young and old, who aspire to an education so that they can become their own agents of change and lead themselves out of the trap of poverty that has kept them down for much too long.- His Excellency Welile Nhlapo, South African Ambassador to the U.S.