Donate to a Project
This map highlights the African countries in which a group is fundraising for a book shipment. Scroll over the country that you would like to donate to. Details will show in the pop-up screen or below the map when clicked. Or click on a specific project in the list on the right.
To donate to a specific project by clicking the “Donate Now” button on the project page.
If you prefer to make your donation by check, you can send a check to our St. Paul office. Please indicate the project you would like to donate to in the memo line.
Checks should be mailed to:
Operation Gusii Books II (Paul Morande) - Kenya
Project Goal: $15,500
Current Progress: $9,036 (58.00%)
Project Start: 02/01/2013Donate Now
Minnesota Kenyans International Development Agency (MKIDA)’s mission is to help improve education standards, health, and economic development of rural Kenya. MKIDA recognizes that education is the most powerful tool that can be employed to develop and improve the standards of Kenya’s rural communities.
For many years, Gusii Kenya’s rural schools have severely been underperforming in national examinations as compared to other schools in the region and Kenya as a whole. To improve education standards, book reading is a sure way to encourage good academic performance as well as provide entertainment to school students. Through the encouragement of reading, MKIDA hopes to improve the quality of education, student performance in national examinations, increase number of students going for higher education, and result in development of the rural economy.
To support and contribute to better Gusii rural schools’ performance, MKIDA has embarked on “Operation Gusii Books,” a project to secure and supply books to Gusii rural schools. MKIDA seeks the support of all well wishers and donors, in-kind donations of books and shipping funds, so that one book at a time, one dollar at time, we together can give a child a book to read.
Contact: Paul Morande, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Choose a Project:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- AASDO Mission –Library Development Project (Dr. Abebe Kebede) - Ethiopia
- Project Hadinet (Unity): Books for High Schools in Tigray (Daniel Woldu, Hermila Yifter, Rahwa Buzayene) - Ethiopia
- Agape Books: Delivering Hope - Ethiopia
- Fincha Elementary School Library Project (Emebet Fekadu and Nigussie Abate) - Ethiopia
- The African Promise (Azi Teklemariam) - Ethiopia
- Books for Rural Ethiopia (Kebede Gessesse, Dr. Abiy Mekoya, M.D.) - Ethiopia
- Books for the Remote Village of Wekin, Ethiopia (Wyn & Sunny Ray) - Ethiopia
- Partnership for Literacy – One Million Books for Oromia (Jote Taddese) - Ethiopia
- Athi Community Tent project (Doris Mukangu, AWHEEC) - Kenya
- No Child Left Behind (H.E. Dr. Susan Mboya-Kidero) - Kenya
- Homa Bay and Kandara Library Project (Janet Nelson) - Kenya
- Mbitini Village Projects (Tula Thompson) - Kenya
- Tumaini Chlidren's Home & Presbyterian University (The Outreach Foundation) - Kenya
- Operation Gusii Books II (Paul Morande) - Kenya
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
Make no mistake, there are hundreds and thousands of people [in Africa], young and old, who aspire to an education so that they can become their own agents of change and lead themselves out of the trap of poverty that has kept them down for much too long.- His Excellency Welile Nhlapo, South African Ambassador to the U.S.