22,000 Books to the Country of Your Choice!
Thanks to a very generous donation from BFA Board member and founder of Amara Wines, Bob Marx, you can bid to send a full container of books to a recipient in the African country of your choice.
This is a onetime only silent auction hosted by BFA. The highest bidder will be able to send a full sea container of 22,000 books to a recipient in the African country of his or her choice.
Congratulations to our current highest bidder:
Valentino Achak Deng Foundation with a bid of $11,000.
If this bidder wins, books will benefit students in Marial Bai, South Sudan.
- Contest ends at 5:00 PM CST on October 19, 2012. No bids received after that time will be counted as a part of this auction.
- No previous donations may be applied towards bids. Only new donations that are specifically designated towards this contest and made after September 19, 2012, will be considered.
- The starting minimum bid is $2,500. Bids must be made in $500 increments, with minimum starting bid at $2,500.
- This sponsorship will pay for transportation of a container of books to a major African sea port. Customs and clearance, in-land transportation fees to final destination, or other expenses incurred after container delivery to sea port will not be covered by this sponsorship or by Books For Africa.
- Additional costs may be applied dependent upon final container destination. If the cost for BFA to ship the container is more than $10,300, the remainder will have to be paid by the auction winner.
- The highest bidder must remit their full bid within two weeks of the close of the auction (November 2) or container will be given to the next highest bidder. Upon close of the auction, winner will be contacted to confirm payment information.
- Interested parties may place their bid by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only contact us with serious bids or inquiries.
- Highest bid will be updated here several times weekly.